The 2021 Shropshire Chess AGM was held at Telepost Club on 26th July. Among the items passed were:
- Tony Preece was elected General Secretary.
- We will seek to hold an online league in addition to the over the board season.
- Blue badge holders will be able to request that their matches are played online, with the agreement of both captains.
- There will be discretion next season for the league controller to make adjustments to team orders in January, at the request of clubs, to compensate for the last available ECF grades being two years old.
- The Minor Cup will start earlier in the season to encourage more teams.
- The Division One trophy will be renamed in honour of David Everington.
- Charles Higgie is the new 4NCL captain with Matthew Clark deputy captain.
Further details to follow in the minutes. Presentations were made for the 2020-21 season: