Accepted Covid Protocols for Shropshire Chess – to be reviewed in January 2022
- We strongly recommend that all players should be double-vaccinated.
- We recommend that players should take a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) within the 24 hours before a match and we recommend an LFT is routinely taken every 3-4 days.
- Hand sanitiser should be provided by the host club for all players.
- Rooms should be ventilated as much as possible.
- There should be as much distance as possible between playing tables.
- Any player playing a match in the Shropshire League must wear a mask, unless their opponent agrees to play without masks. Rule 13 (playing order) is suspended for one season to allow those wishing to play in masks to pair with each other and those wishing to play without to also pair. If after teams are paired against each other, one team has one or more players wishing to wear masks and the other team doesn’t, masks must be worn by both players. If a player doesn’t wear a mask without the consent of their opponent their board will be defaulted. Players with specific medical exemptions are exempt from this rule, but captains should inform their opposite number of any players who are exempt.
- If a player has tested positive for Covid 19 in the 10 days prior to the match they must not attend the match. Non-compliance will lead to the relevant board being defaulted.