1. The competition will be held immediately following the completion of the league program.
2. Teams that played in Division 1 will compete in the Cox Trophy.
3. All matches will be played between teams of four players. (see footnote***)
4. Players will be eligible to play for a team based on the following test:-
The tournaments will be deemed to be a continuation of the immediately preceding league season.
Only a player eligible to play for the team if this were an additional league fixture may play for that team.
Any ineligible player who plays without the express permission of the opposing captain and the tournament controller in advance will be regarded as a default.
5. The date for each tie is the club night of the home team in the final week before the deadline. The captains may agree to play earlier, but if the fixture is not played by the designated date and the organisers have not been informed of a reason then both teams could be disqualified.
6. Fixtures published on the website will indicate home (h) and away (a).
7. By agreement between captains matches may be brought forward.
8. All games will be played under league rules
9. Captains will toss for choice of colours.
10. In the event of a 2-2 draw, then the lower boards will be progressively eliminated until a result is established.
If all four games are drawn then the team with black on odd boards will win.
11. Tournament Controller:- - firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith Tabner 01/05/2018
In past years there were many team withdrawals and individual defaults
- "can't raise a full team of five due to hols and other summer activities etc"
This resulted in the competition being suspended in 2011.
Hence my current rule that teams shall comprise just four players.